Gay2Day.com and the GLBT Expo Challenge - #Gay2DayNYC
What we're launching is a unique marketing campaign that combines social media with the real world, using smartphone technology and QR Codes along the way.
This campaign is completely geared for mobile phones, and thus what can be seen online is simply a summary of what the user will be experiencing at the event itself. Each QR Code links to a mobile page that is set up with a participating exhibitor's social media accounts for quick following and/or liking of their Facebook, Twitter, etc. It also is set up to encourage the event attendee to seek out other “social media stations” throughout the show where they can scan each QR Code to earn points… basically we’ve incorporated a bit of a scavenger hunt and with some mobile gaming techniques, all designed to encourage event attendees to:
- Follow participating exhibitors on Twitter
- Like participating exhibitors on Facebook
- Talk about participating exhibitors to their friends via social media
- Take photos, tag participating exhibitor's businesses on Instagram and Facebook, and share with their friends
- Shoot video, tag participating exhibitor's businesses on Facebook and share with their friends, either on YouTube or perhaps Vine (the new 6-second video service offered by Twitter)